Today we are focusing on how to Aspire and Reach for More in your emotions by stopping the habit of lying. In this episode, we talk about how lying can negatively impact emotions and a sense of self-worth—beginning with looking at some of the reasons we choose to lie and then highlighting how lying affects our ability to feel free to be ourselves.
Why we choose to lie:
1. Afraid of consequences, avoid punishment, not wanting the outcome, we tell a lie. Not wanting to deal with negative results, we will find a way out of it.
2. Concerned telling the truth may cause others not to help you, determined to get the outcome you want, manipulating others by lying
3. Avoid discomfort or displeasure. don't want to deal with something
4. Trying to limit or stop embarrassment by lying; when you need a quick out of a negative situation
5. Private and not trusting others- protect yourself, restrict access
6. Protecting your privacy or making space for yourself by keeping others unfamiliar and at a distance
The problem with lying is the effect on your emotions
1. Lying causes you to see a crack in your character
2. Maintaining a lie is exhausting
3. Not having a sense of freedom
4. Managing the lies makes you unavailable in the present moment and to those around you
5. You become uncomfortable because who you believe you are and your actions don't match
6. It can overwhelm your emotions
What can you do? Instead of avoiding uncomfortable situations, walk into them with confidence. The confidence comes from knowing who you are, standing in the truth, and being firm about your boundaries. As we look as mastering our emotions, avoid lying and putting cracks into the foundation of your character. You want to be comfortable with who you are inside and out. Lying gets in the way of your relationships. When you are not telling lies, people will be more comfortable around you. Choosing to live in the truth and tell the truth also you to be in proper alignment. The truth allows you to be free to engage and not worry about being found out as a liar or someone who lacks integrity. Choose to not live under a false belief about yourself and to be free to express the truth.
All Our Links:
This website is in no way intended as a substitute for medical or psychological counseling. If expert assistance or counseling is needed, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Copyright 2022 Aspire and Reach for More, LLC