Today, we focus on what to do when we feel restless. This episode will look at what it means to be emotional and physically restless or unsettled and some reasons we become restless. We will Aspire and Reach for More in our lives by becoming restful instead of restless.
Last episode, we talked about emotional burnout, which adds to this conversation of being restless.
today's podcast episode
Today, we focus on what to do when we feel emotionally burned out. In this episode we will look at what does it feel like to be emotionally burned out? How can you prevent it? And is it too late to recover from it? We will Aspire and Reach for More in our emotions by refusing to give all our time, energy, finances, and peace over to unimportant things.
today's podcast episode
What To Do When A Relationship Breaks Up. This episode of the Aspire and Reach for More Podcast examines the emotions that make relationship break-ups difficult. The break-up can create fears, leave you with many questions, and trying to figure out what to do next. We will Aspire and Reach for More in our lives by choosing to heal after a relationship failure.
today's podcast episode
Today we are focusing on what to do when we are lied to by someone we care about. We will Aspire and Reach for More in our emotions by not accepting lies. Lets look at what it feels like to be lied to and how do most people respond. When you know someone is lying to you, the first question is why. We will cover what some reasons might be and how you can respond to this.
The emotions experienced can be the following:
· Feeling betrayed
· Unsure about the closeness of the relationship
· Angry because trust was violated
· Disrespected by the person choosing to lie
What is your typical response?
· Do you speak up and ask questions, clarify?
· Do you accuse of lying and never believe them again?
· Do you accept it and hope there are no more lies?
· Understanding what are the motivations.
Why would someone lie to you?
· Lying to get what they want from you
· Caring more about their needs than your needs
· Trying to manipulate your decision or the outcome of situation
· The truth is subjective to them and they choose to not see it as a lie
What can you do? Create an atmosphere for open communication and remain respectful even when you disagree. Allow your friends and loved ones to tell you the truth without reacting negatively. Ask questions if you feel like someone is lying to you. Trust your instinct and verify with facts. Be clear about your boundaries and what you will not accept in relationships.
when telling the truth is hard
todays podcast episode
Today we are focusing on how to Aspire and Reach for More in your emotions by stopping the habit of lying. In this episode, we talk about how lying can negatively impact emotions and a sense of self-worth—beginning with looking at some of the reasons we choose to lie and then highlighting how lying affects our ability to feel free to be ourselves.
Why we choose to lie:
1. Afraid of consequences, avoid punishment, not wanting the outcome, we tell a lie. Not wanting to deal with negative results, we will find a way out of it.
2. Concerned telling the truth may cause others not to help you, determined to get the outcome you want, manipulating others by lying
3. Avoid discomfort or displeasure. don't want to deal with something
4. Trying to limit or stop embarrassment by lying; when you need a quick out of a negative situation
5. Private and not trusting others- protect yourself, restrict access
6. Protecting your privacy or making space for yourself by keeping others unfamiliar and at a distance
The problem with lying is the effect on your emotions
1. Lying causes you to see a crack in your character
2. Maintaining a lie is exhausting
3. Not having a sense of freedom
4. Managing the lies makes you unavailable in the present moment and to those around you
5. You become uncomfortable because who you believe you are and your actions don't match
6. It can overwhelm your emotions
What can you do? Instead of avoiding uncomfortable situations, walk into them with confidence. The confidence comes from knowing who you are, standing in the truth, and being firm about your boundaries. As we look as mastering our emotions, avoid lying and putting cracks into the foundation of your character. You want to be comfortable with who you are inside and out. Lying gets in the way of your relationships. When you are not telling lies, people will be more comfortable around you. Choosing to live in the truth and tell the truth also you to be in proper alignment. The truth allows you to be free to engage and not worry about being found out as a liar or someone who lacks integrity. Choose to not live under a false belief about yourself and to be free to express the truth.
I’m Gessy Martinez, LPC, LCDC and I’m here to help you start healing today. Healing from your past is possible.